What is SEO and How it works – We all know that SEO stands for Search Engine optimization which is an ever evolving process and changes with time. SEO works to gain more traffic and increase SERP visibility. But, the question arises, how exactly does SEO works?
What is SEO and How it works
Google and other search engines suppress organic results from search. It actually organised websites according presence to the content and the keywords you used in the website which are similar to your searched keywords. Although Google still displays 10 organic results per page, they are designed to draw attention to ads, answer boxes, “People also ask” sections and other widgets.
Some fundamental principles of SEO Today
- Links still Rule: Links are fundamental to SEO, more high quality, relevant links you acquire, the higher the SERP potential of your website. Links were always important from the earliest days of SEO and still one of the strongest indicators of a website’s superb performance to Google.
- Relevant, Optimized content wins: The problem of links vs. content is somewhat like chicken- or- egg dilemma. Links and content are the backbone of SEO.
What is SEO and How it works – The keywords in the content are important. Crawlers analyse the content and related secondary keywords that share the searcher’s intent.
Titles, Meta description, ALT attributes, H1 tags and URLs are important and includes targeted and relevant keywords in these elements.
The amount of content necessary for the page to be satisfying depends on the topic and purpose of the page. Read Google’s search quality guidelines on content quality.
- UX signals have an impact on SERPs: User Experience (UX) plays a substantial role in where your website stands. If you want to win the SEO game then you need to master the UX. Although the user experience depends on various factors such as site infrastructure and layout, content of your article, etc. for gaining the highest user UX you need to improve the site architecture.
Optimize the speed of your website; your site has to load in maximum 2 second or less. Focusing on the visitor will likely play an even more important role in the future (since Google becomes smarter and clearly improves for a user’s sake), and you need to learn at least the basics of it.
- Mobile SEO can make or break it: as you have made your website, now it’s time to polish your website mobile-wise. Making your site run smoothly on both mobile and desktop is not a simple task. For this you’ll have to invest in responsive design, since Google recommends it.
You have to make sure that your content is consistent across mobiles as well as desktops and ensures your website is fast and easy to use. Basically, what this means is your content should be optimized for mobile users, it accelerates your page speed and enhances mobile friendliness.
- Voice search is already a thing: Voice searches are very handy now a days customer seem to love this feature. According to Google, more than 20 % of all mobile searches are voice searches.
Hence, it makes sense you should start optimizing for voice search now. You can start by optimizing the content by using natural language and answering questions. In short, while voice search optimization is not a must-have right now, related optimizations make sense and can help you own more Google real estate.
What is SEO and How it works – SEO is a never-ending, ever-evolving, multidimensional science. SEO is too complex to fit into a template. Although it does revolve around principles and certain rules, its inner workings are all about analyzing and applying tactics that work and sifting out tactics that do not. This is how SEO works, and will continue to work, until the process is completely outsourced to AI.