Google Company in India – Everyone is well aware that Google has a pretty unique culture. It is not at all a typical corporate culture. The Googleplex is less like a workplace and more like an adult playground. The sole motive of Google is to keep their employees happy and maintain productivity.
Every year, Google get almost 2.5 million applicants. Which is equal to 5 per minute and Google reviews each one. Everyone wants to be a part of Google, when you get interviewed at Google, you’ll receive questions like: “How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?”, “There are 8 balls. Seven of them weigh the same, but one is heavier. Using a balance scale, how do you find the heavier ball with just two weighings?”
Google Company in India
Google says the answer of these questions is not important but your thought process and how you work under pressure is. The worst answer would be a non- answer. Quickly saying that you don’t know won’t get you a job at Google. They are some of the tactics Google use to filter and find the smartest and most thoughtful candidate. Google Company in India
Perks of being a Google employee
As now we all know the hiring process of Google let’s hop on to the perks of being a part of such a great brand:
- Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The organic food is chef-prepared
- Free health and dental
- Free haircuts
- Free dry cleaning
- Subsidized massages
- Gyms and swimming pools
- Hybrid car subsidies
- Nap pods
- Video games, football, ping pong
- On-site physicians
- Death Benefits
This culture has paid off for Google and consistently ranked as one of the best places to work. They’ve lost hundreds of employees to Facebook and many others who have started VC firms or started their own startups. It’s one of the consequences of hiring smart, talented, and ambitious people. No matter how good the culture is, many of them receive enticing offers from other places or wish to start their own ventures.
Google Company in India
Culture build on Quantitative and Qualitative Data
Human resources, or People Operations, is a science at Google. The people operation team of Google have discovered some ways to optimize their people in terms of happiness and performance. Some of them are:
- Lunch lines: Google offers free meals and snacks to all its employees. There is a point, it is too long where people waste their time and too short where people don’t get to meet new people. About 3-4 minutes are given to each and every employee.
- Lunch Tables: If you want employees to meet each other, make the tables long. This will expose them to more people who they can get to know.
- Paid time off for New Mothers: Google give maternity leave of 12 weeks paid time off. So, new mothers could get 5 months paid time off with full pay and benefits.
- A warm greeting for new employees: Everyone likes a warm welcome and especially if it is from Google, who won’t love it. Every new employee gets a warm greeting with “Hi, nice to meet you, you’re on my team, we’re gonna be working together” and a few other things which leads to a 15% increase in productivity.
- Diner booths vs Conference rooms: the Google team believes that diner booths work better than conference rooms for facilitating creativity.
- Managers do make a difference: Engineers having technical knowledge alone doesn’t give the best managers, according to Google. While having deep technical knowledge is important, it ranks as the least important of the 8.
If businesses want to attract top tier talent that isn’t consumed by making money, they’ll need to focus on making a great working culture. This includes the work atmosphere, to the work done, to employee freedom. And Google doesn’t view their culture as a “set it and forget it” program. They’re actively changing and maintaining it, because it’s crucial to their success.
“Work and play are words used to describe the same thing under differing conditions.”
Hope in this article “Google Company in India” every thing is clear if you have any question then contact us right now.